With the support of Arcadi (fund supporting innovation and research), extrapole initiated ‘The Saloons’, a cycle of meetings with variable geometry, gathering 5 to 10 participants, allowing the creation of a dynamic in Paris and its environs around the European project N.O.W. (New Open Working Processes for the performing arts).
For extrapole, this process meets the following objectives:
- experimenting a procedure for the sharing of practices, with exchange methods enabled by the framework and the limited number of participants,
- articulating the European dimension of our projects with our local and territorial ones, and consolidating a local network around the themes of our research-action projects,
- sharing the issues identified in the framework of the N.O.W project, putting forth the interrogations and concrete paths envisaged by the European partners and the reflections that we could collectively produce.
For the invited participants, these meetings can be an opportunity to:
- meet in an informal and independent environment with others confronting the same issues but not necessarily operating in the same environment (sector, discipline, mission, etc.),
- exchange, confront, obtain feedback on their practices and put them into perspective,
- adhere to a prospective process.
Saloon #1 – Artistic commission (June 27, 2015)
Saloon #2 – Artistic practices & digital mediation (December 22, 2015)
Saloon #3 – Arts & Creation in transformation? (July 6, 2016)
Saloon Tokyo #1 – Challenge the method (December 2016)